Monday, September 15, 2008

Newest Projects

Lately I've been busy in the kitchen studio making something QUITE different than faux confections. Check these out:





I wanted to do something a little out of the ordinary for me so I've been buying up composition notebooks here and there. And I came up with some fun things! They're for sale in my Etsy shop for $16 (pretty reasonable to start - I want to see how they do). Vintage seam binding, sheet music, pearls, buttons & images are just some of the items I've been getting addicted to lately. Is it just me or do other creative people feel like they go through crafting "phases" where you just can't stick to one thing for long? Please comment!

And check this out! It's my new FAVORITE toy! I went to Lowe's to find a jigsaw to cut out some wood projects I've been working on (I'll post pics of that secret project later!) and found this one on clearance for $34.50 (it is normally $50). And since it was the floor model, they gave it to me for only $20! Sweet! You should have seen the three guys at Lowe's helping me out with what I needed. They sure thought I was crazy! So I got all of the supplies I needed and went home to have a hey day of working with the saw. And let me tell you - I had sawdust from hell to breakfast! (an old expression from my mom - who, by the way, taught me all about these tools)



Then after I used the saw, I pulled out my drill to finish the secret, secret project. OK...so it's no secret, but I just forgot to take pictures of it before I shipped it off to the shop (Finders Keepers in American Fork, Utah). Darn! Why do I do that? I'll just have to make more and take pictures then.
I love my power tools. Who says they're just for guys? I demand a challenge if you say they are!

11 comments:

Cheryl Ensom said...

LOVE the composition books you covered! Darling!

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Books/journals are one of my favorite things to make! Glad you joined in on the fun. I'm afraid I have too many fabric, paper, and ribbon scraps all over to add saw dust to the mix! Can't wait to see what you've created with your new tools.

Joy Jones said...

I love your new books! I make them too for my own personal use. I just can't use a "plain" book anymore! I understand about the power tools and strange looks from the guys in the hardware store...been there done that! I always laugh about how I have more power tools than my husband. I just wish they made them in PINK with Rhinestone buttons :) ~ xoxo Joy

The Old Painted Cottage said...

I am so all about the power tools! Cute composition books, by the way.

Thanks again for the award, from ages ago. I finally posted it on my blog.

oxox
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

I totally go through crafting phases. I bounce around so much - sometimes I wish I had more of a niche! At least I'm having fun though. :D

Becky R. said...

Way to go with the power tools! I'm the same way with crafting phases-I get all these ideas and want to do a little of everything! Oh well, it keep life interesting!

The Other Side of Me said...

What lovely altered journals. They are great for Christmas presents. Good for you for trying something new!!

Cheers,
Tammy

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

Hi Jenni,
I love the comp. books you have made, they are so cute! Also just wanted to tell you that I watched you a while ago on the Martha Stuart Show and you inpired me to make a cake! It was so much fun. I love all of your work.
Thanks~Kelly

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Gotta love a power tool! My fav is a drimmel tool my dad gave me.
:)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.