Tuesday, September 29, 2009
As of last weekend, the Jenni B Originals unique and formerly "secret" faux cupcake and cake recipes are available! This recipe packet includes the following dessert recipes: Faux Tartlet Ornaments (the recipe that got me onto the Martha Stewart Show!), Chocolate Truffle Ornaments, Beautiful Faux Cupcakes, Cake and/or Petit Fours, Iced Sugar Cookies, Ice Cream Sundaes, and Caramel Apples with Nuts or Chocolate Swirls.
Just imagine what kinds of decor items you'll be whipping up!
If you know me, you know that I've been hush-hush about all of these recipes ever since I developed them. But after many, many requests, I've decided to offer them for sale! You can check out the packet here in my Etsy shop.
Also, check out some of my new soldered charms and Halloween items! Let me know if you're interested and I'll hook you up!
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Last month my hubby and I moved from Virginia to Utah for a few months and then we're back off to Virginia at the end of the year. If you have ever seen my studio at its worst, you'll know that I had a big job ahead of me when I set out to pack it up. I think that took at least two of the months of my summer blogging break. Okay, maybe not that long. But it was certainly a task!
I am definitely happy to be in Utah for a bit. I have a nice space to create in while I am here and I am soo excited to be getting ready for the holidays. There are lots of interesting items waiting to be made. Halloween decor is well under way! I've made lots of spooky bottle brush trees and wreaths and need to take photos to post here on my blog. I don't even know where my camera is! Don't you love the disarray of moving?
And here's some sad news - Snow Days is off! :) There just wasn't enough support to get it off its feet but it's definitely still a possibility for a coming year. The idea is just too much fun to let go. Cross your fingers for next year, people!
Here's another day to creating! Oooh, have you ever been to a store called the Paper Source? They also have an online shop you need to check out. I just love their motto: "Do something creative every day."
Monday, June 8, 2009
So, all you gals (and fellas), go to UtahSnowDays.com to take a look and tell me what you think! I have to toot my own horn just a bit here because I did all of the designing and building ON MY OWN! I am proud of myself for making myself learn how to make a web page that actually works. Oh - and look at the little icon on the left side of the URL while you are on the page. I figured out how to do that little baby too!OK, you'll notice that all of the pages aren't totally done because I still have a few things to figure out and more commitments to get for the participating stores, but those will come soon.
Snow Days is getting closer and we're getting excited!
Let me know if you have any questions about this thing, please!
Thursday, May 28, 2009
On a recent trip through the Carolinas and on through Georgia, I picked up some fun mixed media materials including these antique bottles. Many of them came from Savannah. I then added bits and pieces like vintage lace, jewelry baubles, millinery and ribbons. Now a couple are for sell in my shop! The rest, plus many more, were sent to my accounts in Utah. Let me know if you'd like specifics on where they are located!
Click on an image if you'd like to see a close-up!
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
. . . Introducing Utah Snow Days: A Holiday Shopping Tradition. This is going to be BIG, friends! I am speaking to all you girlfriends of mine that live in Utah. Get ready for November 12-14, 2009 because you're going to have a TON of fun!
My favorite small stores up and down the Wasatch Front are opening their doors to the Snow Days shoppers for this three-day event with discounts galore and even darling charms (different charms at every store) that come FREE with your Utah Snow Days ticket. Build your own C-U-T-E charm bracelet as you collect them all, friends! If you visit all of the participating shops, you can turn in your ticket with your personal information for an incredible grand prize drawing (and runners-up prizes as well!).
SIGN UP FOR THE NEWSLETTER FOR UPCOMING INFORMATION at www.UtahSnowDays.com!
The fact is, it's no small secret that I LOVE shopping. And now I want to share all of my favorite stores and finds with YOU!
UtahSnowDays.com is not ready for viewing yet, but it will be within a couple of months. In the meantime, if you would like to participate in Utah Snow Days as a store or as a shopper, I'd love to hear from you!
Why is it called Snow Days? Because every year my mom and sisters and I get together for "Snow Day" and go to all of our favorite shops from sunup to sundown to see the latest in holiday gifts and decor. We want to share our Snow Day with all of our fellow Utah girlfriends.
So come one and come all . . . get yourselves ready for three fun-filled days of shop-til-you-drop. I'm giving you a heads-up so you may just be ready for November!
Saturday, February 28, 2009
And these trees are just perfect for Easter. One of my customers had this to comment about these hand dyed and embellished Bottle Brush Trees: "The trees are just perfect and exactly as described. Just beautiful!" They come in pink, light green, aqua & cream. Little glittered eggs, pearls, and mica flakes are added for the final touch.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
- Wear red. If you're like me, the color of choice for the cold season is black. But there are so many great colors in style this season that will bring out your bright side. Red, bright blue, & purple are all in!
- Take a hike. Or just a little walk. Getting your blood pumping through your legs will bring color to your cheeks and a boost to your creativity while clearing your head. I should probably take my own advice on this one.
- Spring clean early. You'll be ready to enjoy the weather if you get to your Spring cleaning a little early. My advice would be to pick one day of the week to dedicate just one hour of deep cleaning. Starting from your top floor and working your way down to the basement, take one room (or floor if you have time!) and clean for one hour. Keep focused and don't stop until the hour is up. Set a timer to motivate you!
- Add a little color to your surroundings. Though it's just bhech outside, it doesn't have to be the same inside. Bring home some fresh flowers from the grocery store to enjoy throughout the week. Try taking big, brigh blossoms and arranging them in a short vase to set on the table to enjoy during meals.
- Be inspired. Just looking at pretty photos of Spring can bring something warm to your heart. Take a look at this flickr search of Spring Flowers. However, don't get carried away and look at all 553,513 images!
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
This is my first tutorial on my blog, so enjoy!
Materials needed for the Giant Heart Valentine:
Tissue paper or large piece of newspaper
Pen or pencil
Tulle in pink or red
Seam binding or other ribbon
Paper medallions or other decorative elements
Ribbon for hanging
2. Trace the heart pattern twice onto poster board and cut out the two hearts.
3. Cover one of the hearts with your desired paper. I chose vintage sheet music.
4. Turn the heart face down and gather tulle and glue it around the edge of the heart with hot glue. Just work it a little at a time!
5. Glue the other heart on the back of the papered heart, sandwiching the tulle between the two. Hot glue works great for this as well.
6. Embellish your Valentine as desired. I put on some gold paper lace and red seam binding, then I just added glittered letters that spell out “I LOVE YOU”
7. Punch two holes in the top of the heart and thread ribbon through for hanging.
8. Write a special note to your honey and sign and date it. Give it to your sweetheart!
Now, get to work and surprise your special someone.
I've already had requests for three more of these!