As a part of being tagged, I get to share 7 things about myself most of you don't know. And then I get to choose 7 people to tag as well. How fun! I believe most of my readers don't know me very well. I hope you find this interesting!
1. I was the proud purchaser of a ROUND bed. Yes, that's right! I really do wish I had a picture of this bed. Next time I am at my mom's (she still owns it!) I will see if I can snap a shot. This thing uses king size bedding and has - get this - a large upholstered/tufted purple velvet headboard. When I saw this vintage bed in college, it HAD to be mine. I only used it for a year or so, but it was lots of fun!
2. One of my favorite things to do is travel. OK, that isn't anything strange. I know. But I really do enjoy seeing new places! Within the past few years I've been to Italy, Spain, Switzerland, France, Germany, England, Monaco, Australia, New Zealand, and Mexico. We're planning a family trip to Costa Rica next Spring and there are lots and lots of other places I want to see: Thailand, the Caribbean, Africa, Ireland, Greece, Morocco, & Turkey.
3. Fluffy clouds are one of my favorite things. A couple of weeks ago I was on a flight and we were flying through the big, fluffy Care Bear-types of clouds. I wanted to just jump out and bounce around on those plush-looking surfaces.
4. Getting wet is one of my least favorite things. I don't like swimming, brushing my teeth, washing my face, taking a shower (yes, I still do it regularly), or doing the dishes. I decided it's because I just don't like water all that much.
5. I have always been a really shy person. Within the last year or so I feel like I've come out of my shell quite a bit, but in the past have just always kept to myself. Believe me, being on live national television had a way of forcing me to face my fears. Overcoming shyness is something I'm working on.
6. Starting my business was something I did out of boredom. I never thought I was a crazily crafty person. But somehow having my own house brought out a need for me to create. My husband has been a law student for the past couple of years and after I got home from my full-time job that first Fall I was terribly bored. Not anymore!
7. I've always wanted to take cake decorating classes. Just thought it sounded fun. I've been making all of these faux desserts for the past year but still haven't gotten around to taking a class. Maybe I will one of these days!
Okay, there are 7 things you may not have known about me before!
Now, I get to tag 7 people. And here they are:
1. Brenda @ Just a Bed of Roses
2. Jennifer @ The Old Painted Cottage
3. Cathy @ Treasured Heirlooms
4. Connie @ La Maison Rose
5. Rebecca @ Baby Walters
6. Joy @ Cupids Charm
7. Andrea @ Vintage Paper Bella
Note: If you have been tagged, here is what is requested:
1. Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.